As a bit of a follow on from yesterday’s post, I suppose part of the initial problem could have been the manual that was with the device. If you could call it a manual. It consisted of a piece of flimsy A6-sized paper folded in half. On the front was a company logo. the three other pages had the instructions in a) Chinese, b) Chinese characters and c) English. Or to be more accurate the English could probably be described as “Chinglish”.
Don’t get me wrong, I think it is quite brave of any person whose primary language is not English, to try and write English. To be honest, there are a good few people whose primary language is English who have problems trying to write readable English.
I still have the manual, and the instruction to connect the device to the computer is written as this: “4. To contract the DVD to the computer, you must utilise to cable provisions…” The word provisions must have led me to think that I should use both cables.
I now tend to look at the product website for a manual and use an online translator to convert to English. But even that can have its problems sometimes.
The issues with the laptop continue, although they seem to be not as bad as they were at the beginning of the week. After reading some the comments online, I’m more and more convinced that at least some of the problems are linked with the last Windows update. The annoying thing is that whereas at one time you could choose to update or not, now it is more or less forced onto you. I also think. that there may be some compatibility issues with some of the software I’m using. However, it is looking likely that I may have to bite the bullet and get a new one, with all the issues that brings.
Coming back to my Blog Editor trials, I thought last night when R*** was using my laptop, that I had forgotten to include BlogPad Pro app on my iPad. It worked quite well when we were away and providing I can upload the manual to my phone, for reference, it might just be a contender. I have decided against using Notepad as it would me more effort than it’s worth copying and pasting, so I’m going to cross that of the list. This post is being written with my favourite application, Open Live Writer. This is the one that I started having problems with which prompted my testing.
The village seems to be the target of a couple of gangs of thieves. Properties are being broken into and it appears that the thieves are after the car keys of high-end vehicles. These cars are then stolen and either shipped abroad or broken-up for the valuable parts. The local primary school was also hit, but that was for the laptops. It’s a bit of a worrying time for all.
(Written with Open Live Writer)
You must be logged in to post a comment.