New Year Resolutions. Do you make them? Do you keep them? Should I make some? More to the point, will I keep them if I do? I have never really bothered with them before, as I always knew that they wouldn’t last beyond they second week in January. With that in mind, I have decided to make some New Year Intentions instead. I like to think that these are similar to resolutions, but there is no guilt if I don’t happen to complete them.
So here goes:
- Write a blog post every week (at least)
- Identify a ‘theme’ for some blog posts
- Lose some weight (at last)
- Get a new job (already started)
- Eat better (cut down on the chocolate bicuits for a start)
- Drink less alcohol
- Take more exercise (or more exact – take some exercise)
- Learn how to crochet
- Write more, including planning my writing better
- Read more
- Complete my ‘Intentions’
- Learn how to knit with circular needles
There we are. Twelve intentions for the twelve months of 2016. Some of them are going to be harder than others, and some of them should only take a little will power. But with this post, I’ve at least begun with number one on the list.
When I started this post, I was struggling to get past six ideas (getting tired of calling them intentions now) but by the time I reached number twelve, I had thought of another two, but I’m going to leave the list as it is with the ‘extra’ two in reserve.
One thought on “The Next 12 Months”
Pingback: Another bitten bullet and other things – From the keyboard of Tony