Just thought I’d share this…
1 medium onion – roughly chopped
1 large clove of garlic – roughly chopped
2 rashers of streaky bacon – roughly chopped
1 14oz tin of tomatoes
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 tablespoon of fresh parsley chopped
1 tablespoon of tomato puree
¼ teaspoon of caster sugar
¼ teaspoon of arrowroot mixed with a little water
Salt and fresh ground black pepper
1. Add the oil to a saucepan and gently fry the garlic, bacon and onions, until the onions are soft but not browned
2. Add the tinned tomatoes and bring to the boil.
3. Add the parsley, tomato puree, seasonings and sugar and stir well.
4. Turn the heat down, cover and simmer for 30mins, stirring occasionally to prevent the sauce from catching. Sauce should have reduced by ?.
5. Remove from heat, and allow to cool for 5mins.
6. Pour into a liquidiser with the arrowroot mixture and puree until smooth.
7. Return to the pan and bring to a simmer. Simmer for another 5mins. Check the seasoning and serve.
This sauce can be frozen